SCH offers modern, Customs bonded warehouse facilities close to the Port of Southampton and supported by a full stock management, transport and logistics service.
Our 40,000 square feet facility is located within a secure compound and comprises racked and unracked storage serviced by experienced personnel and a comprehensive fleet of handling equipment ranging from fork lift pallet trucks to a 44-tonne capacity container handler.
We also operate our own haulage equipment that enables us, via our EDI monitoring links, to provide a dedicated transport link with the Port of Southampton to ensure prompt pick up or delivery of containers.
Once cargoes reach our facilities, they can be de-vanned, stored or consolidated for onward distribution. Advanced warehouse IT systems facilitate efficient inventory control and these can also be securely linked to customer systems for real time management of stock.
Our stevedoring services personnel agency guarantees that we can respond to peaks in manning requirements and our close relationship with preferred hauliers means that we can quickly respond to customers’ supply chain management demands by offering a 24/7 nationwide delivery service for individual pallets or full container loads.
In addition to our covered warehousing, we also have more than six acres of storage compound available at another location close to the Port of Southampton. This area is ideal for storing and preparing vehicles or for discharging/loading containers.
Warehouse services are covered by our ISO9001 quality certification and the additional combination of our facilities and flexible approach ensure that we can offer customers a premium service at competitive rates.
Range of services
- Container/Cargo transport service to/from Port of Southampton
- Warehouse receiving service for containers or individual shipments
- Loading/unloading of road vehicles
- Container de-vanning or consolidation
- Specialist lifts undertaken
- Racked and storage solutions
- Stock control and stock rotation
- Pick and pack labelling and re-work
- Computerised track and trace inventory system offering complete flexibility and reporting
- Freight forwarding
- Project work
- IT management and administration of warehousing process
- Qualified personnel available for Risk Assessment/Method Statements
SCH’s warehouse facilities are fully certified under Bond and Firearms Acts
We also offer containerised vehicle shipments. Read More.
Contact us for more information
For additional information and costs regarding your storage and distribution needs, please call us on +44 (0) 23 8082 0300 or send us an email outlining your needs.